SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to transform work into energy, and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves every day to projects with a spirit of adventure where risk-taking is mitigated by preparation.
Thanks to their energy and our evolving expertise, we assist our clients from the engineering phase of their projects through to operations.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution, and it is thanks to their trust that SPIE Oil & Gas Services deploys the most comprehensive range of services on the market in over 30 countries.
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC Qatar for:
Electrical Commissioning Supervisor:
This position is responsible for Assist and support the Commissioning Electrical Leader in supervising the EPCIC Contractors activities linked to the Commissioning of the 3 well head platforms and associated Brownfield additional equipment, in both preparation and execution phases.
Your main duties will be:
• To witness and/or verify all Electrical system completion activities performed by the Construction Contractor including approval of punch lists.
• To supervise all Electrical pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities for assigned sub-systems. This includes preparatory activities, coordinating resources (technicians, equipment, other departments), expediting documentation – handover dossiers, attending walk-downs from construction to commissioning and from commissioning to operations and formally agreeing and categorizing punch-list items.
• To assist and control the vendor support required for the assigned systems.
• To assist his discipline leader to follow closely the commissioning of systems/subsystems assigned in accordance with the commissioning procedures and commissioning and start-up schedule, coordinating the various disciplines, and ensuring all disciplines reach assigned targets as per system completion schedule.
• To compile relevant documentation to support handover and acceptance of systems to Operations.
• To ensure that the Electrical content of the dossiers is accurate and complete before they are accepted from construction , commissioning and before approval by operations department.
EPCIC COMMISSIONING PREPARATION PHASE
• Coordinate with other project entities / disciplines /existing facilities.
• Ensure that the Electrical pre-commissioning and commissioning tools are available and well maintain
EPCIC COMMISSIONING EXECUTION PHASE:
• Follow the contractor’s Electrical commissioning activities using the OPERCOM® Methodology and ICAPS© (Integrated Commissioning and Progress System) software.
• Follow the execution of Electrical commissioning activities.
• Supervise the reporting of commissioning execution.
• Follow-up on red line mark-up drawings.
• Follow-up on VENDORS commissioning scope of work activities such as: SAT, OTPs documents update, Closing of Punch list, rep
• HND in Science or equivalent in engineering
• At least 10 years’ experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with minimum 3 years’ experience in Supervisor Commissioning role.
• Experience in OPERCOM and ICAPS, PRODOM and relevant codes and standards.
• H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings
• Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
Ras LaffanDisplay the postal address on a map (new window)
Minimum level of experience required
10 years or more
English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Combining our differences
SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities.