Looking for a Production Operator ( 5 Nos) for an Oil & Gas company in Oman.
To operate the total integrated Production system and execute assigned basic work tasks (operate) within defined scope and budget and under broad supervision, ensuring that production and environmental targets are realized in a safe and efficient manner whilst maintaining operational integrity of the assets.
- HND/HNC /ONC/OND or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline and a range of between 6 to 9 years field experience.
- A good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices, especially in Sour Oil/ Sour Gas/ CLAUS SRU .
- Knowledge of computer skills, valid driving license, good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player.
- Proven safety experience/training regarding sour oil and gas operations, familiar with PTW, confined space, lock open/lock close valves, operating integrity, H2S, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Physically able to climb stairs, operate valves, pumps, and compressor and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment.
- Working in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions
Job Rotation: 28/28 days (Expats), 15/13 (Omanis)
- Operate all production assets ted in a safe and efficient manner, in line with agreed plant Operating philosophies, and in line with current Production procedures and practices.
- Check all Lock open/Lock close valve registers are current.
- Tests all producing wells, and the measurement of gas, condensate/oil and water production on a daily basis
- Maintain Overrides Log and handover status report.
- Provide inputs into the 90-day and 14-day planning cycles.
- Take effective action to control emergencies and contain hazards within area of responsibility.
- Execute individual activities according to the schedule / plan as provided.
- Support the development of Assistant or Trainee Operators in the team.
- Order spare parts and consummables to maintain an adequate supply for use in the area
- and keep record of same.
- Contribute to the Commissioning requirements as a member of the integrated commissioning team prior to start-up.
- Keep relevant documentation in the stations up to date and readily available for use.
- Log all relevant data relating to the production of Hydrocarbons – for entry into the Production Management System
- Report to Sr. Operator on daily activities, work progress, facility Integrity and Lock Valve register.
- Ensure healthy safeguarding systems are maintained and functional, or a notification is raised, to ensure minimum AI-PSM / production interruption incidents occur.
- Certified Permit to Work applicant and comply with the HSE rules and PTW systems before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings and tool box talks.
- Certified Appointed Person (AP) to carry out low voltage single feeder electrical isolation and de-isolation activities as stipulated under PR-2331 as and when required to do so.
- Ensure that Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM), as defined in the Procedural Manual, are undertaken and executed.